Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

#4164

Even though there is close to two feet of snow in my backyard right now, May is only a few short months away. May, is the month that Nicole and I have decided to give our first try to this baby making thing. We are so thrilled!

This, of course, means that I need to get kickin' on making my final selection of our donor. I've been referring back to our bank of choice throughout the last few months in an attempt to narrow the field of prospects to five or six. The donor availability can come to an end due to reaching the limit of vial purchases or number of births reported, so I wanted to both make sure I had enough options in case someone's availability closed as well as keep up with any new donors.

Recently, I received a very exciting email. The bank launched the facial matching program I was so excited to try in a user-friendly version. This allowed me to upload my own photo on-line and use the service instead of having to send in my photos with a check. Of course, not only is this self-serve option easier and free, it's instant!

This brings me to #4164. This is the donor who shares the most like facial feature with me. This does not mean that we have the same eye color or skin tone, but instead mathematical equations were used to determine that our faces looked highly similar in shape, eye shape and distance apart, chin shape and size etc. I was obviously thrilled to see that one of my five donors was rated "high", but just as excited to see that one was rated "medium" as that's better than a "low" rating.

This news makes everything seem so much more real and exciting! I'm blown away that in a few short months we are going to be trying to get preggo!

And. . .there is a chance that someone might actually say to me one day "Hey, he looks just like you!"

Here's crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Crossing fingers that all goes well. You guys will be amazing parents. That's gOing to be some very lucky sperm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, Yael!! We'll keep you up-dated know doubt about it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete