Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

What's in a name? Delta-6?

I've decided to return to this blog after a break that happened when my wife and I were wrapped in trying to have a baby through IVF. That was a rather stressful experience that I will go into more later but until then...


Take a look at my beloved SUV.


This was the first car that I purchased on my own if you exclude the $800 cash ride I got my hands on after a move across the country and a $1 car I "bought" from my parents. 

I lovely refer to this car as my "bachelor pad ride". It had a nice sunroof and great sound system. I love the color and the thing was a lot of fun to drive in the snow. 



Now meet my new car....er...van....


Let's be honest, this thing is a mini van and no matter how cool the all black interior is it's still a van and a white one at that! I traded my bachelor pad in for this when we had four foster kids and a baby on the way. Basically my wife and I got tried of following each other around in separate vehicles like some big production. 

There was no way I was going to drive around in a mini van without a cool name. None. And man-van didn't really do it for me. So I decided on Delta and the 6 was just a cool add on. Delta-6 totally sounds like a cool spy code name right? 

I want you to know if I had gotten my way Delta would not be the name of my van. I thought it was perfect for our kid. I mean what boy doesn't want to have a call sign for a name? The kid would have been named after the airline his parents flew to go see him in utero twice. How cool would that kid be on the playground? And if you are thinking, like my wife did, that the name stars in a country song I can assure you any kid with a call sign name could beat your kid up any day and twice on Sundays!

Haha! Delta the spy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment